In this GIS blog I will be posting maps which I have prepared. Click on the maps to view a larger image. Sometimes you may have to click a second time on the map in order to bring the wording more into focus.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week 7: Data Editing in ArcGIS

This is a second posting of the week 7 map because the first posting would not enlarge when selected.This  map will enlarge. When you go to the next posting and try to click on the map you will see what I mean. I think being able to enlarge a map is important in order to see the details of the exercises.   
 The most time consuming part of this lab was working through all of the exercises in module 5 of the online ESRI training. They took several hours to work through. It was quite tedious at times. I would have module 5 directions up on my computer screen, while working on module 5 exercises. Every time I would work on the exercise, module 5 instructions would become minimized.  When I was finally finished with the module exercises I proceeded to edit the UWF map. Yet I had to keep going back to the modules to understand what to do. Learning  the vocabulary and all about the detailed workings of ArcGIS is similar to learning a new language and using that new language to work through a maze to put the pieces of a map puzzle together. All of this while working on UWF's virtual server! 
s  









el